In January 1946, the Akademia Sztuk Pieknych we Wroclawiu, is directed to Wroclaw Eugene Geppert, with the task of the assumptions in the ravaged by war in the Higher School of Fine Arts. At its headquarters city authorities have appointed two buildings: the pre-war Municipal School of Crafts and Art Crafts (now located at ul. Traugutta) and former University of Art and Art Industry (pl Polish).
Later that same year took place: an outdoor course and exam for the first year of study, and October 15 – inauguration of the first academic year. Classes at the university were conducted initially in the studios of painting, drawing and sculpture, but soon began to organize workshops, ceramics, glass, wood and metal and thus implements the recommendation of the Ministry, causing the focus on training designers for reviving glass and ceramics industries.
Newly-created Akademia Sztuk Pieknych we Wroclawiu staff consisted of: Leon Dołżycki painters, Emil Krcha, Stanislaw Pękalski, Maria Dawska, painter, graphic artist and designer glasses Stanislaw Dawski, Halina Jastrzębowska glass designer, interior designers and furniture: Wladyslaw Wincze and Marian Sigmund and Julia Kotarbińska ceramists and Rudolf Krzywiec, (associated with the pre-war “land”).
Through the efforts of the authorities and school teachers is continuously expanded the scope of the education of students in individual departments. Until recently created the Laboratory of Restoration and Reconstruction of Ceramics, which in future will also be conducted classes in restaurant glass. Work is currently underway on the preparation of a new field of study: multimedia. In this framework, implemented the training program would be expanded in terms of communication and visual identification.
Akademia Sztuk Pieknych we Wroclawiu
pl. Polski 3/4
Telephone: +48 (71) 343 8031
Fax: +48 (71) 343 1558
Akademia Sztuk Pieknych we WroclawiuOfficial Website: http://www.asp.wroc.pl/