The Botswana College of Agriculture (BCA) was established on 31st May 1991 when Act No.9 – Botswana College of Agriculture Act 1991, enacted by Parliament of Botswana came into effect. The college is a body corporate, and hence a parastatal under the Ministry of Agriculture and an associate institution of the University of Botswana. BCA took over all the assets and liabilities of the former Botswana Agricultural College, which was abolished on coming into effect of act No.9 establishing BCA into its place.
The Botswana Agricultural College (BAC), was formally established in 1967 at Content Farm, Sebele Gaborone, when the Ministry of Agriculture decided to transfer the certificate in Agriculture course, which had been offered since 1959 at Mahalapye. Assistance from the British charity organisations Freedom from Hunger, and Oxfam as well as funds obtained from the Botswana Government were used to construct the first buildings of the college.
We, the Botswana College of Agriculture, shall be a world-class institution in teaching, research and service in agriculture and related fields.
We, the Botswana College of Agricilture, exist to produce high quality graduates, generate suitable technologies and provide advisory services to improve agriculture productivity through: * innovative teaching.
The College Library also falls under the Dean’s office to ensure that the quality services in the library meet the academic and research demands. The Dean’s office also houses the Student Academic support and records.
Botswana College of Agriculture
Private Bag 0027
Telephone: (267) 365 0100
Fax: (267) 3928 753
Official Website: http://www.bca.bw/