The history of Dilla University can be traced back to the year 1996 with its name, Dilla college. The then Dilla college constituted two faculties: Faculty of teacher Education and Faculty of Health Sciences. However, in 2001, the College was included in the then newly emerging university- Debub university. In 2004 Dilla College once again went through another phase and sprung in to a full-fleged university by the councils of ministers regulation No 129/04. When Dilla University begun its activity as a college it had 12 departments with a total student population of less than 400, in a campus that was originally constructed for another purpose. Now the university is operating in 3 campuses with 13 schools and 34 programs with a student poupulation of more than 15000 in regular and continuing Education.
Dilla University to date has nearly 600 motivated young acadamic staff and more than 1100 administrative staff who are working vigoriously to materialize its mission and reach the horizon of excellence in the world of academics. The University has strong innovative learning methods and didactics, as it is used to be a Teacher’s University.
Prepare knowledgeable ,skilled and attitudinally mature graduates. Promote and enhance research focusing on knowledge and technology transfer with the country’s priority needs. Design and provide community and consultancy service that shall cater to the development need of the country.
Dilla University’s library and information service has five libraries under it which are: The main library, Freshman library, Girls library, Summera library and Language library. The library provides twenty four hours service each day.
P.o.Box: 419, Dilla,
Dilla University Official Website: http://www.dillauniversity.edu.et/