Universitatea Pedagogica de Stat Ion Creanga was formed under the Government Decision of 16 August 1940 MSSR, the original name of the Moldovan State Pedagogical Institute, which in 1955 was renamed the State Pedagogical Institute “Ion Creanga” in Chisinau. In 1992, under the Government Decision no. 330 of May 21 “On the reorganization of higher education”, Universitatea Pedagogica de Stat Ion Creanga is reorganized into the State Pedagogical University “Ion Creanga” in Chisinau.
In training, the Institute assembled five faculties: History and Philology, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Geography. In July 1941 the Institute was evacuated Cikalov city, and in 1944 returned to the Republic, with a contingent of 160 students and 20 teachers. The study began on December 1, 1944, with 458 students.
The faculty of the Institute consisted of the experiment, the scientists arrived universities of Iasi, Moscow, Bucharest, Rome, Kiev, Warsaw, Leningrad etc. In accordance with the Education Ministry’s order of July 20, 1946, the Institute was formed to post-graduate course of study, which train specialists in the field of philology, history, mathematics, physics, botany, etc.. In 1948 the Institute began training specialists in English and French.
UPS input “Universitatea Pedagogica de Stat Ion Creanga” is invaluable not only in terms of training teachers of different specialties, university graduates are people of science and culture, politicians, writers, scientists with world-renowned personalities. Am proud University: academics Melnic Boris Boris Mateenco, Peter Soltan, Haralambos Corbu, writers Grigore Vieru, Spiridon Vangheli, Basil Vasilache Teleucă Victor Gheorghe Voda, Andrew Strimbeanu Ion Hadarca etc.
Universitatea Pedagogica de Stat Ion Creanga
2069 Chisinau, Ion Creanga Street, no. 1
Tel: (+373 22) 74-33-38, (+373 22) 74-54-14
Fax: (+373 22) 74-54-14
Universitatea Pedagogica de Stat Ion Creanga Official Website: http://www.upsc.md/